Recipes That Made the Cut

These are recipes that we have tried and think they are worth the effort required. I will post where I found the recipe whenever possible.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Honey Bran Muffins with Figs


I have been searching for a great bran muffin recipe. I am longing for the one my mom made when I was a kid. This one was good, but much too sweet for me. I would cut the sugar in half. I used cranberries instead of figs because that is what I had in the cupboard.

Bon Appétit | January 1998
A light texture and a sweet honey flavor make these bran muffins irresistible.
Yield: Makes 24
ingredients
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 cups toasted wheat bran (about 4 ounces)
3/4 cup chopped dried figs
1 cup boiling water

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
2 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk
preparation
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 24 muffin cups with muffin papers. Stir flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl to blend. Combine bran and figs in another bowl; mix in 1 cup boiling water.
Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar, then honey. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Beat in buttermilk alternately with flour mixture in 3 additions each. Mix in bran mixture. Divide batter among lined muffin cups.
Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn muffins out onto racks and cool completely.


Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/printerfriendly/Honey-Bran-Muffins-with-Figs-4631#ixzz1xjMGokJv

No comments:

Post a Comment