Recipes That Made the Cut

These are recipes that we have tried and think they are worth the effort required. I will post where I found the recipe whenever possible.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Grilling Lamb Kabobs and Veggies

Jimmy is grilling up Lamb kabobs tonight, don't they look delicious?

Marinade:
balsamic
olive oil
mint
basil
kosher salt
pepper
thyme
oregano
mint

He is also grilling mushrooms, bell peppers (yellow, red, orange) and red onions. I made some hummus to eat on the side but I make it a little different. I know there are a million people who will tell me I am wrong but I just don't use tahini because I don't make it enough to utilize the product (it is not cheap). It is also the most fattening part of the dish so I don't mind cutting it out. I basically make this to taste:

Hummus
2 cans garbanzo beans/chickpeas
2 - 4 cloves garlic (depending on how big and your taste)
olive oil - not sure but at least 1/4 cup
3 T sesame oil
lemon juice from at least 1/2 lemon
salt
chili powder or paprika (depending on the kind of heat you want)

Blend in a food processor, add olive oil as needed. Serve with paprika or chili powder on top with a splash of olive oil and mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment