Recipes That Made the Cut

These are recipes that we have tried and think they are worth the effort required. I will post where I found the recipe whenever possible.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hoefs Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

This is Lara's version of our Hoefs chocolate chip cookie recipe - requested by my friend Cheryl. I say Lara's version because the recipe card I am transcribing this from is her writing with her notations, which I love!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Mix together:
1 c butter (better with crisco)
1 c granulated sugar
1 c brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together in a separate bowl the dry ingredients:
2 c flour
2 1/2 c oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda

Optional but delicious:
1 4 oz bar milk chocolate, shaved
1 1/2 c chopped nuts

1. Mix wet ingredients together
2. Add flour mix to gooey mix slowly but surely.
3. Add 12 oz package of choco chips (and nuts if adding or extra chocolate shredded)
4. Roll into balls about the size of golf balls in a meditative manner. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 12 minutes in a meditative manner. Take them out at 12 minutes no matter what, even if they look doughy.

Makes 3 - 4 dozen enlightened cookies

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try to make these myself! Heather brought me a dozen when I was pregnant on bedrest, and I literally hid them from my family and ate them all!

    ReplyDelete