Recipes That Made the Cut

These are recipes that we have tried and think they are worth the effort required. I will post where I found the recipe whenever possible.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Snickerdoodles

I searched on the internet last week for this recipe and then found my old one from my mom's recipe box. It is a great old school, easy cookie recipe.

Snickerdoodles

1 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs cinnamon (i personally chose a more 1/3 to 2/3 ratio)

Cookie dough
1 c shortening
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cream of tartar (optional)

Cream shortening

Add sugar and eggs

Stir in vanilla.

Add four mixture.

Shape dough into 1" balls and roll in cinnamon and sugar.

Cook at 400 degrees for 6 minutes*

*I thought six minutes was a little bit light, we usually cook even sugar cookies at least 10 minutes. My tasters thought the six minute cookies were delicious and that the ones I cooked for up to 10 minutes were great too! I guess cook them to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment